Verilog book recommendation

hdl_book_seller

If you're looking for a solid Verilog reference book, let us recommend
Thomas & Moorby's text "The Verilog Hardware Language" at only $32 --
over 73% off the Amazon price.

We are clearing our overstock of the classic Verilog reference text.
They are brand new and in the original wrapper, WITH CDROM, and we ship
internationally and with free Priority Mail upgrade. At $32, it's a
perfect add to your reference shelf or for your next Verilog class.

We're selling them through Amazon.com (5 star rating) at the following
*** The Verilog Hardware Description Language, 4th Edition -- 73% off
Sale price: $32 (save $87 off Amazon price)

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y02Y1786799Y7523789/103-6091278-9224602

We guarantee fast shipping, 100% BRAND NEW and unopened. All shipping
upgraded to Priority Mail (US and worldwide) for free. We ship
anywhere in the world.

The HDL Book Sellers

gabor

I use this book as a desk reference, but be aware that it describes
Verilog 1995 (IEEE Std 1364-1995) which includes a lot of useful
constructs like arrays of instances but not the Verilog 2001
additions like generate loops. From the copyright page:
Copyright 1998 Kluwer... Third printing 2000.
so obviously before Verilog 2001 standard.

It's not a bad starter book, and has decent descriptions of
confusing topics like blocking/non-blocking assignments
and a complete (for 1995) language syntax reference in
the appendix.

Probably worth the $32...

Haven't really used the CD-ROM it came with (copyright 1999).