2.0: Deleting Temporary ASP.NET Files?

clintonG

I started an application using Beta2 and now I've been having a variety of
problems continuing to develop the application in 2.0 that I suspect may be
related to left-over icky stuff.

What can I delete under the Temporary ASP.NET Files directory? I assume
everything under that directory ccan be whacked and if neccessary will be
rebuilt by VS2005 so I'd like to clean house.

I should find a document that explains this well but its not in my Favorites
folder. Perhaps it is in yours?

<%= Clinton Gallagher

albert braun

yes, you can delete a folder under that directory.

for instance, if you have an operational ASP.NET web site named
"MySite" you should find a folder named "MySite" inside your Temporary
ASP.NET Files folder.

you can delete that temporary "MySite" folder and it will be recreated
automatically by ASP.NET the next time a browser requests a page
belonging to the MySite web app. (note that, if you've added a virtual
directory to IIS for that site, you may need to shut IIS down before
you're allowed to delete that folder from Temporary ASP.NET Files. )

hth
albert braun

Guest

You should be able to "whack" everything. If you end up with problems, you
may end up with a complete uninstall and reinstall after deleting the dirs.
--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

clintonG

Scary talk. Complete uninstall and reinstall of what? Visual Studio?

There were several sub-directories I was unsure of before posting but I've
drilled down to read source files and have determined what the unusual
sub-directories are for.

<%= Clinton Gallagher