ASP.Net 2.0 Errors

Guest

I just installed VS2005 Team Suite, the 2.0 Framework and the SDK on a clean
WinXP Pro SP2 installation and I am having issues viewing the quickstarts.
Here is the error message I get...

CS0016: Could not write to output file
'c:\WINXP\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\quickstartv20\84d1529d\9524624f\App_Code.ziu-itpz.dll' -- 'Access is
denied. '

Things I have tried (and that have failed):
- ensure the ASPNET and NETWORK SERVICE accounts have correct rights for
'Temporary ASP.NET Files' folder
- grant ASPNET and NETWORK SERVICE accounts rights to TEMP folder
- clear out directory, reset IIS, try again
- same as above but with reboot added for good measure
- adding ASPNET account to admins and trying agian (removed afterwards)

In case it helps, same happens for Reports virtual directory (SQL Server
2005) so this appears to be an ASP.Net issue rathr than an issue specific to
the QuickStart Tutorials.

Any other suggestions?

Scott Allen

Any other suggestions?

Have you verified the aspnet worker process runs under the ASPNET
account? I'd look at the User Name column in Task Manager to see the
identity of aspnet_wp.exe just to make sure.

Guest

Yes, it's running under ASPNET. Not sure wher to go from here. It seems
that sites I create in VS2005 work ohay (at least in debug mode) but the ones
installed by QuickStarts and SQL Server 2005 all fail with 'Access Denied'.