about common look and behaviour

Tony Johansson

Hello!

In a book I read it says "When you create a website, you want the pages to
look as if they all belong to one application."

But I mean when I create a website all the pages do belong to that
application so I don't understand why they say
that the pages should look as if they all belong to one application.

//Tony

Jason Keats

Tony said:
Hello!

In a book I read it says "When you create a website, you want the pages to
look as if they all belong to one application."

But I mean when I create a website all the pages do belong to that
application so I don't understand why they say
that the pages should look as if they all belong to one application.

They mean:
- don't use different colours on each form
- don't use different fonts or font sizes on each form
- don't use different sized buttons on each form
- don't put your submit/save button in a different place on each form
- don't put your menus in different places on each form
- don't try to confuse people by making each page look different!
- don't try to confuse people by making each page operate differently

Be consistent in look and feel. Don't try to surprise people.

You can use master pages and CSS to help you achieve consistency.

Chris

Hello!

In a book I read it says "When you create a website, you want the pages to
look as if they all belong to one application."

But I mean when I create a website all the pages do belong to that
application so I don't understand why they say
that  the pages should look as if they all belong to one application.

//Tony

In other words: just use a masterpage in your website.