    pat eyler Guest

    I can't speak to order either, but I'd love to see a chapter on
    Profiling and Optimizing Ruby.

    pat eyler, Dec 15, 2005

  2. And one on distribution and IPC in the most general sense (Drb, shared
    memory, clusters, communicating with other programs, client/server
    architectures, etc)

    martin

    Martin DeMello, Dec 15, 2005

  3. pat eyler

    Phil Tomson Guest

    good list.
    I'd include a chapter on "Functional Ruby" or "Higher order Ruby"

    I'm not sure I'd include Unit Testing as it is covered in "Programming Ruby".

    Also an inheritance diagram showing the relationship between Class, Module,
    Object, Kernel, etc. would be good.

    Phil

    Phil Tomson, Dec 15, 2005
  4. pat eyler

    pat eyler Guest

    by".

    I'd love to see a more in-depth look at unit testing. (In fact, it wouldn=
    't
    be a bad thing to see a pocket reference sized piece.)

    pat eyler, Dec 15, 2005
  5. Yeah, the Prags have a Java and C# version of their volume don't
    they? A Ruby version would be excellent.

    James Edward Gray II

    James Edward Gray II, Dec 15, 2005
  6. pat eyler

    Dave Thomas Guest

    Re: Advanced Ruby Book (was [ANN] Forthcoming 2nd ed. of _The RubyWay_)

    Dave Thomas, Dec 20, 2005
  7. Well, that was succinct, but I'm not quite sure what you wanted
    to say...

    Garance A Drosehn, Dec 21, 2005