Ajax - what books to start learning it

Darko

Can you please recommend a good books about Ajax ?
Thank you

If you know JavaScript already, then "Google" from "Google corp.",
excellent one! If you don't know JavaScript, then don't search for
Ajax books, look for JavaScript books instead.

Peter Michaux

Can you please recommend a good books about Ajax ?
Thank you

Flanagan's book is good but make sure you check the O'Reilly site for
errata. I reported some for the Ajax chapter. No book that I've seen
discusses browser bugs like memory leaks and it is a big issue.

I recommend you read Flanagan's book first and then start studying
Ajax libraries and their code to see workarounds.

Of course if you just want to use Ajax you don't really even need to
know how it works. There are plenty of libraries out there.

Two from c.l.j. posters

Then there are Yahoo! UI, Prototoype and a whole bunch more.

Peter

-Lost

Peter said:

Flanagan's book is good but make sure you check the O'Reilly site for
errata. I reported some for the Ajax chapter. No book that I've seen
discusses browser bugs like memory leaks and it is a big issue.

I recommend you read Flanagan's book first and then start studying
Ajax libraries and their code to see workarounds.

Of course if you just want to use Ajax you don't really even need to
know how it works. There are plenty of libraries out there.

Two from c.l.j. posters

From two c.l.j posters. Uh huh. ;)
Then there are Yahoo! UI, Prototoype and a whole bunch more.

For simple Ajax transactions I prefer the AjaxToolbox and the Fork library.

Mini AJAX is another suitable library for simple AJAX transactions.