Any good URL about Java and AJAX?

black

Do you know for any good URL, portal, forum, newsgroup, yahoo (etc.) group,
etc., to find more about AJAX and Java?
AJAX + JSP, JSF, EJB, Hibernate, SOA, etc. - anything!!!!

Thanks

Dag Sunde

black said:
Do you know for any good URL, portal, forum, newsgroup, yahoo (etc.)
group, etc., to find more about AJAX and Java?
AJAX + JSP, JSF, EJB, Hibernate, SOA, etc. - anything!!!!

Why do you want to mix Java into it?
AJAX: (A)synchronous (JA)vaScript and (X)ml

Its a fancy name on a technique for doing asynch callbacks
to the web-server without refreshing or POSTing the whole web-page.

The technique is old, implemented with hidden iframes, but these days
the vouge is to use the XmlHttpObject supported by most modern browsers.

The only part I can see Java come into the picture is that it *might* be
a .jsp or servlet that respond to the AJAX call from the browser.

Chris Smith

Dag Sunde said:
Why do you want to mix Java into it?
AJAX: (A)synchronous (JA)vaScript and (X)ml

Its a fancy name on a technique for doing asynch callbacks
to the web-server without refreshing or POSTing the whole web-page.

The technique is old, implemented with hidden iframes, but these days
the vouge is to use the XmlHttpObject supported by most modern browsers.

The only part I can see Java come into the picture is that it *might* be
a .jsp or servlet that respond to the AJAX call from the browser.

That would indeed be where Java gets involved. Specifically, some easy
way for the JavaScript in the page to make calls to Java methods or
manipulate Java fields is helpful.

I don't know the answer to this question, but I do know that answers
exist. I've written a framework for JSF that allows JavaScript to make
remote calls methods or properties in specifically designated backing
beans. It's proprietary code that I can't share at the moment, but
certainly SOMETHING like this exists and is available freely or for
licensing.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Roedy Green

Do you know for any good URL, portal, forum, newsgroup, yahoo (etc.) group,
etc., to find more about AJAX and Java?

The idea of Ajax was likely originally to soup up apps without having
to change the server side logic, just change the HTML. From Java's
point of view, Ajax is just a user who sends in CGI-gets rapidly.

It is a kludge to make up for the fact thin clients are hopeless at
data entry and validation.

Tim Tyler

black said:
Do you know for any good URL, portal, forum, newsgroup, yahoo (etc.) group,
etc., to find more about AJAX and Java?

I don't think I've seen any AJAX sites using Java.