any tools for developing a website for mobile devices??

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter, Apr 9, 2005.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi All,

    I am a novice .NET developer, using a 60 trial version of VS.NET 2003 to
    learn .NET.
    I would like to develop a website which can be accessed from a mobile
    device.

    What are my options,
    - If I am to use .NET, then do i need a licensed version of .NET for this.
    - Can I develop my small website using my 60 day trial version & deploy this
    website.
    - Are there any free tools which can be used to easily develop websites
    which can be accessed from mobile devices?

    Please can someone give me a link to a simple free utility site whereby i
    can develop a website for mobile devices.
    (this website i wish to develop will contain only around 3-4 pages - on my
    own website).

    thank you all,

    peter

    Peter, Apr 9, 2005

  2. Peter

    Scott Allen Guest

    Scott Allen, Apr 9, 2005

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Does this mean that i do not need a licensed version of VS.NET to develop
    ASP.NET applications??

    Peter, Apr 10, 2005
  4. Peter

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Peter:

    I'm not sure what the exact terms are on the trail version - they
    don't seem to be online. I just wanted to point to WebMatrix as a
    viable, free alternative!

    Scott Allen, Apr 10, 2005
  5. Peter

    IanONet Guest

    Scott, I set up the WebMatrix almost two years ago and I am trying to
    do it again but evidently I don't remember all the things I changed to
    get it to work. Two questions please:

    1.- I can get to http://localhost/ReportsVBSDK/ and see the ASP.NET
    REPORTS STARTER KIT default page but
    when I click on any of the examples, I don't get the database
    populated pages. Its just a heading and essentially a blank page. I
    know the database is in the MSDE and I can do queries on it.
    What am I missing to get the demo to work?

    2.- How do I open the Reports Quickstart in the WebMatrix as a project?
    Of course I can open any page but there is a choice of new project
    so it would seem that there should be an open existing project.

    tia

    IanO

    IanONet, Apr 19, 2005
  6. Peter

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi IanO:

    I don't realy know much about WebMatrix or the Reports starter kit.
    You can probably get your questions answered over in the forums on
    http://asp.net/

    HTH,

    Scott Allen, Apr 19, 2005