Beginner question on how to get info on keywords

nkb

Hi.
I'm reading up the sample code sslclient.rb from
ruby-1.8.2/sample/soap/ssl. I would like to know how do I get to know
more information about all those keywords in Ruby. For example, in the
mentioned sslclient.rb file, there is this "client.add_method". How do I
know what classes/methods do I have for this "client" keyword? And where
do I get to read up on things like SOAP::RPC::Driver ?
Pardon me if these are obvious questions. I know that I'm still very
ignorant on Ruby. Thank you.

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Hi,

I'm reading up the sample code sslclient.rb from
ruby-1.8.2/sample/soap/ssl. I would like to know how do I get to know
more information about all those keywords in Ruby. For example, in the
mentioned sslclient.rb file, there is this "client.add_method". How do I
know what classes/methods do I have for this "client" keyword? And where
do I get to read up on things like SOAP::RPC::Driver ?

Since there's almost no document of soap4r, please see the source
(sorry). For that purpose, the command "rdoc" is for you. It is
installed with ruby. Run rdoc for library directories soap, wsdl and
xsd.

Or, you can see http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/doc/soap4r/ that I generated by rdoc.

Regards,
// NaHi

Bill Guindon

Hi.
I'm reading up the sample code sslclient.rb from
ruby-1.8.2/sample/soap/ssl. I would like to know how do I get to know
more information about all those keywords in Ruby. For example, in the
mentioned sslclient.rb file, there is this "client.add_method". How do I
know what classes/methods do I have for this "client" keyword? And where
do I get to read up on things like SOAP::RPC::Driver ?
Pardon me if these are obvious questions. I know that I'm still very
ignorant on Ruby. Thank you.

you can get a quick and dirty method list with:
puts client.methods

that'll include a lot of standard methods that every object has, you
can lose them with:
puts client.methods - Class.methods