Blather-Adjusting Programs

vjp2.at

You folks mean to tell me there's no program out there that would
take a file of simple text and blatherise it to the level of another
"reference" file? Or Adjust the "Fog Index" of a text file up or down
from its input level. I'm totally serious. I'm tired of fighting.
I just want to "get along".

I'm sure I've seen programs that generate blather but now I
can't find one. I'm stuck in a wierd situation that comes up often
enough: Some third-worlders insist you write pretentious casuistry
when a few simple words are enough. It is sad in these day of "Fog
Index" that we have people who are commitedly ideological and even
theologically dogmatic about making prose incomprehensibly obfuscated
and complicated. I want it in perl so it can be extremely portable.

However, I want something I can control. For example, when it sees
the word "customer" or "strategy" it should randomly chose one of
three flowing phrases. I can write a simple one-to-one in sed, but I
really hope some ingenious soul has already compiled a blatherisation
table that I only need to tweak. The issue is the text should require
no more than, say, ten percent editing to make it seem like it came
from a genuinely glib casuistrous bullshit artist.

I wouldn't mind if the program is ingenious enough to go both ways,
or even to be adjustable (ie, "please set the fog index"). I am
confronted with enough blathermaniacs and antiblathermaniacs to make
my life way too complicated. By the time I get used to one lunatic, I
have to instead conform to the other.

I think you could broadly generalise the most common writing styles are:

1. Cryptic misappropriated connotation (demanded by "scholars")
2. Telegraphic commercial (Taught by "Communications" programs)
3. Latinate bureaucratic (demanded by 3rd world bureaucrats)
4. Literary Synonymania (demanded by "English" professors/teachers)

And these variances seem to be used to discriminate and segregate
dogmatically and unfairly. "Can't we just all get along?"

I went hunting on google for "chatterbot perl knowledge base". I
"knew" Hugh Kenner back on BiX ca 1988. Foggy is a riot, but not what
I needed, though I think sometime it may prove valuable when
frustration with fools triggers my evil streak. I need foggy with a
twist - a knowledge base I can tweak like foggy, but it should take a
simple paragraph and turn it into a long blatherous paper that I can
then spend a few minutes editing and it will say pretty much the same
thing as my simple paragraph. For example I write "The customer is a
petunia" and it writes "Our customers are very important to us. One of
our multifarous customers has proven to be a petunia. Wheretofore and
heretofore, this important,vaulabel and significant datum will be
assessed strategically and applied to our models wherefrom we shall
therefore optimise our tactics, strategy and operations so that we
fully capture the economic benefits derivable from this customer."
One form would work with a knowledge base where it is triggered by
words like customer and petunia into random but reasonably meaningful
ramblings. The other would be even better if it took a file with
writing similar to the target and transformed the source using the
target as a model (for style and size). I would really wish this was
in perl so I could use it on the fly anywhere!

nyc.transit Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:19:28 +0000 (UTC)

You remind me of how my folks got mistreated. They spoke with a
heavy accent but at the university level. A lot of academics would
love to converse endlessly with their precise and inquiring minds.
Some "customer service" types would just hang up the phone when they
heard the accent. One of my English teachers couldn't get over it how
my folks had the nerve to correct her spelling.

I was born here and once I had a boss say that the reason I
disgreed on policy issues was I needed to improve my writing since I
was Greeks and sent me to a writing class (she was Cuban and spoke
with an accent, but I don't have an accent). Once someone asked me
"You speak English so well, when did you come here" I looked at my
watch and said "Oh, about 120 yrs ago." (Technically true, though my
stowaway ancestors got sent back a month later) I once went to speak
to a dean about something and he mentioned the essence of the
conversation to a reporter and I saw in print that he described me as
a foreign student (he, too, had an accent and was foreign born). When
a previous president of my alma mater was introduced to alums, he saw
my name badge and said "Ohhhh, Greek" shaking his head knowingly as I
was seriously thinking of swatting him on the head like a fly.

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

robic0

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:35:06 +0000 (UTC), (e-mail address removed) wrote:

what a complete idiot... check the insane asylum for blathering quotes

vjp2.at

Do a google on [latent semantic bayesian essay].. wow!

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Zealots conceal own mixed past] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

vjp2.at

Please save me. If I have to keep dealing with such warped humanoids I
will end up becomingone of them. I need a program to deal with them so
I don't have to. (Ok, the following is a spoof, but believe it or not,
they think it's real. I tried it. This is what our cities are full of.)

Alrophthe Xieddle Infestment Bunk
287 Park Avenue, Suite 7589, New York, NY 10017 (212) 288-9970

Esteemed Colleague,

It is our unperturbably articulated honor to functionally offer
you the operationally validated aggregately syndicated solutions
position as our unremunerable chief coordination director of
achievment implementation information security ability generation
solutions deployment resources identification documentation human
mitigations operations characterization coordinator.

We contingently conflatulate you on achieving the wondrously
seamless authorization qualification for this directionally usability
articulation technique utilization credential conditional metrics
mitigation dimensionalization comprehensive contribution proscription
prioritization professional model development position.

Once you commence parametrization revision in our adequate
systems registration documentational procedures for coordination
conflagration we will be able to initializationally invocationally
selectionally embed you in our application limitation relationship
redeployment solutions novel destinational accrual correlation
derivation technique remunerational emulation execution community
program which will heretofore promote your fragmentation, distribution
and integration into the permanently preemptory intestinal evacuation
interface infrastructure.

You are unable to visualize how fortunate your are to be a part
of such a straightforward sustained dynamic degradation extraction and
incapacitation demanipulation component of your own reconfigurational
humiliation environment innovation development program.

You should promtly report to the utilization institutionalisation
degradation deployment limitation destinational facilty for sustained
reconfiguration of your dementiation derivational fragmentation and
further implementational evacuation of your personal processing
faculties and complete recursive rectal reversion.

Berry Surly Ours,

Obfusca Blectoglossner
Director of Percutaneous Dememtiation

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Zealots conceal own mixed past] [Urban sprawl confounds terror]

Anno Siegel

[Newsgroups trimmed]

Please save me. If I have to keep dealing with such warped humanoids I
will end up becomingone of them. I need a program to deal with them so
I don't have to.

There is no program that accepts an arbitrary text and rewrites it
in a different style. Not in Perl, not in any language. Ask again
in 20 or 25 years, but don't get your hopes up.

Anno

HOOHAH!

recursive rectal reversion

they are just hoping it's real... :)

--
Roberta "Foxymopjockeychickenwrist" Wolfe
"The talk of the sekret AUK

"Yes, Virginia. There is a bigger loser than the Mop Jockey." -> Kevin Fries
aka: Cujo DeSockpuppet

vjp2.at

talk about black holes

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Guilty conscience produces extremism] [Urban sprawl confounds terror]