Building controls to work in VS.NET IDE

weichung [MCSD, MCDBA]

I have a customised class which inherited from the ASP.NET webcontrol (e.g.
a textbox), now I have add in a few properties into this class, and a few
simple script into it. I have build this control, and add it into the Visual
Studo.NET IDE toolbox.

I am wondering how could I add features like, wizard for this web control,
just like the way which ChartFx and Infragistics do. After you drag the
component from the toolbox to the design page, we could call up a wizard to
setup the new component.

I appreciate if anybody could help.

Thanks.

weichung [MCSD, MCDBA]

Ok, I see, do you have links or website to recommend of doing this?

Thanks.

You need to build a designer and an editior for your control.

Naveen Kohli

If you can get hold of bool "Developing ASP.Net Server Control And
Components" By Nikhil Kothari, then you will be all set. It explains every
thing in detail about how to do this all stuff with examples.
There is also a complete example in MSDN also. I don't thave the link right
now.

weichung said:
Ok, I see, do you have links or website to recommend of doing this?

Thanks.

Naveen Kohli

You got it buddy....
Follow that documentation. If you have any specific questions let me know. I
can definitely help you out. Recently I have build couple of designers so
the concept is pretty fresh in my mind. You can also post a question under
webcontrols section inthe following site and I will tryto answer it directly
there.

http://www.netomatix.com/Forums

http://www.netomatix.com
http://www.criticalsites.com/naveen

weichung said:
Hi,

I found something in MSDN,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../cpguide/html/cpcondesign-timeforwebforms.asp

Is this the true thing that I need to look into?
Thanks

Naveen Kohli said:
If you can get hold of bool "Developing ASP.Net Server Control And
Components" By Nikhil Kothari, then you will be all set. It explains every
thing in detail about how to do this all stuff with examples.
There is also a complete example in MSDN also. I don't thave the link right
now.

in message news:[email protected]...

:

You need to build a designer and an editior for your control.

"weichung [MCSD, MCDBA]"
and a
few drag
the