    Dear All,

    I have C++ project developed in mac environment and I need to run it in windows environment but it's running properly . Is there any solution to make this code compatible with windows environment.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Eyad Shtaiwi, Jun 14, 2014

  2. On 6/14/2014 4:39 PM, Eyad Shtaiwi wrote:
    > I have C++ project developed in mac environment and I need to run it

    in windows environment but it's running properly .
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Congratulations! Not sure what you want from us.

    > Is there any solution

    to make this code compatible with windows environment.

    But it's running properly already!

    > Any help would be appreciated.

    First off, it's summer time and our crystal balls usually take vacation,
    so we have no idea what the problem might be unless *you tell us*.
    Second, if the problem is due to the differences between the operating
    systems, we can't really help, you need to ask in a forum (newsgroup)
    dedicated to the operating system with which you have issues. Third,
    *usually* to make a program *portable*, one needs to write it with the
    aid of a portable libraries (acquired from third parties) that implement
    abstract interfaces and serve as layers between your program and the OS.
    The C++ Standard Library can do some of that work, as you probably
    know, but not all of it.

    Your move!

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 14, 2014

  3. Re: c++ developed in mac os environment

    Victor Bazarov <> wrote:
    > On 6/14/2014 4:39 PM, Eyad Shtaiwi wrote:
    >> I have C++ project developed in mac environment and I need to run it
    >> in windows environment but it's running properly .

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >
    > Congratulations! Not sure what you want from us.
    >
    >> Is there any solution

    > to make this code compatible with windows environment.
    >
    > But it's running properly already!

    This can only mean that to be compatible with windows it has to be full of
    bugs.

    It makes sense if you think about it. Windows users are accustomed to bugs,
    some may even expect them.

    Tobi

    Tobias Müller, Jun 16, 2014
  4. Eyad Shtaiwi

    Cholo Lennon Guest

    On 06/16/2014 01:11 PM, Tobias Müller wrote:
    > Victor Bazarov <> wrote:
    >> On 6/14/2014 4:39 PM, Eyad Shtaiwi wrote:
    >>> I have C++ project developed in mac environment and I need to run it
    >>> in windows environment but it's running properly .

    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>
    >> Congratulations! Not sure what you want from us.
    >>
    >>> Is there any solution

    >> to make this code compatible with windows environment.
    >>
    >> But it's running properly already!

    > This can only mean that to be compatible with windows it has to be full of
    > bugs.
    >
    > It makes sense if you think about it. Windows users are accustomed to bugs,
    > some may even expect them.

    Yeah, software for Mac have no bugs, the iDevelopers are the best... OMG!

    --
    Cholo Lennon
    Bs.As.

    Cholo Lennon, Jun 16, 2014
  5. Eyad Shtaiwi

    Guest

    On Monday, June 16, 2014 4:44:21 PM UTC, Cholo Lennon wrote:

    > --
    > Cholo Lennon
    > Bs.As.
    > ARG

    What do those last two lines mean?

    Brian
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    http://webEbenezer.net

    , Jun 16, 2014
  6. Eyad Shtaiwi

    Cholo Lennon Guest

    On 06/16/2014 03:01 PM, wrote:
    > On Monday, June 16, 2014 4:44:21 PM UTC, Cholo Lennon wrote:
    >

    >> --
    >> Cholo Lennon
    >> Bs.As.
    >> ARG