    What can I do "without" ACLs?

    I hope that this is the right NG to ask.

    Thanks for every response.

    Chris, Feb 8, 2006

  2. What server product are you referring to? ASP.NET itself doesn't need any
    CALs.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 8, 2006

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Sorry, I forgot.

    I am referring to IIS and let?s say Windows Server 2003.

    But why are you asking, is there a difference?

    Thanks.

    Chris, Feb 8, 2006
  4. I mean what server product do you think requires CAL? Asp.Net doesn't need
    one.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Okay, let?s say it in another way.

    I am not interested in special in CALs, but I want to know which costs
    can appear, when I use ASP.NET (or for the on who uses it). Sometimes
    ago I heared about CALs depending on the number of users. So I wanted
    to know what things I have to pay attention in connection with
    developing ASP.NET applications (hidden costs like "per user"-costs).

    So, are there "hidden" costs? When do I have to worry about CALs? What
    are the costs for hosting an ASP.NET application (in the sense of
    Licenses and so on).

    Thanks for any response.

    Christian Schwendtner, Feb 8, 2006
  6. I can't think of any hidden costs.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 8, 2006
  7. obviously you cant help

    Alejandro Penate-Diaz, Feb 8, 2006
  8. here is some info:
    To better understand CALs and SSL connection counting, review the following
    scenarios:

    Alejandro Penate-Diaz, Feb 8, 2006
  9. Thanks for your (long) response. You really cleared it up for me.

    Christian Schwendtner, Feb 8, 2006
  10. Well, I think it does help if you know that other developers never came
    across your question. This means that the question is likely irrelevant in a
    general case. If you know particular scenarios where the question is
    relevant, that is great, no doubt.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 9, 2006