Can Your Programming Language Do This? Joel on functional programming and briefly on anonymous func

Discussion in 'Python' started by Casey Hawthorne, Aug 3, 2006.

  1. Casey Hawthorne, Aug 3, 2006

  2. And the answer is "yes, of course" !-)

    Bruno Desthuilliers, Aug 3, 2006

  3. Casey Hawthorne

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Casey Hawthorne napisa³(a):
    Ridiculos. That's how single-programming-mood people react when they
    find that you can program in procedural or functional way and get your
    work done. I always had a fun seeing these "all-java-kids" fighting
    CRTJVAPGM or RUNJVAPGM on OS/400. ;)

    Jarek Zgoda, Aug 3, 2006
  4. Uh?-( Are you calling *Joel* an "all-java kid"?! He's an old clunker,
    just like me!, and HIS background is primarily in C and some kind of
    LISP -- he makes that quite clear in some of his books.

    Alex

    Alex Martelli, Aug 4, 2006
  5. Casey Hawthorne

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Alex Martelli napisa³(a):
    I am sure he wouldn't have a hard time on OS/400. I think he shows a bit
    of exaggeration in this article, as he is too smart to believe that the
    world is all object-oriented, but this is writer's right to grab readers
    attention.

    This "all-java-kids" was a remark to his statement from some earlier
    article (mentioned also in this one), where he writes on people being
    taught only java on programming courses.

    Jarek Zgoda, Aug 4, 2006