Change Framework 3.5 to 2.0 change

Hemant

Hi,
I have build my application in framework 3.5 and i used update panel in my
website.
but i want to change its framework 2.0 so i have changed the property of web
project and build but it gives me error that update panel is not defined.
I have added ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll to bin folder but not solved my problem
Please suggest me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Hemant

Hemant

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
At my machine i am working on framework 3.5 but I want to deploy my code
where framework 2.0 is installed and framework 3.5 is not installed.
thats why i want to move.

thanks,
Hemant

Patrice

At my machine i am working on framework 3.5 but I want to deploy my code
where framework 2.0 is installed and framework 3.5 is not installed.
thats why i want to move.

3.5 doesn't replace 2.0 but actually is 2.0 plus additional stuff so
upgrading shouldn't cause any problem. I would double check that the
customer is really not willing to upgrade.

Gregory A. Beamer

At my machine i am working on framework 3.5 but I want to deploy my
code where framework 2.0 is installed and framework 3.5 is not
installed. thats why i want to move.

You can set Visual Studio 2008 projects to 2.0. That is step 1. For most
apps that is all you do. For AJAX, which was an "extension" in 2.0 and
now part of 3.5, you have to do a bit more.

1. Download and install the extensions:
http://www.asp.net/ajax/downloads/archive/

2. make sure all AJAX references point to the 1.0 bits instead of hte
3.5 bits.
vvvvvvvvvvv
assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0

3. Test and if it is still failing with some type of unknown type error,
make an assembly reference to the AJAX 1.0 assembly.

NOTE: You will have to either make a reference or install the AJAX
extensions on the server you are deploying to.

Peace and Grace,
Greg

--
Vote for Miranda's Christmas Story
http://tinyurl.com/mirandabelieve

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

Digvijay Singh

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
I am doing some maintenance work on earlier developed code.Hope in
near future will switch to 3.5 version

Thanks
Digvijay