How to use Framework 3.5

AAaron123

I developed a website and used Framework ver 2 because the ISP hadn't
updated to 3.5 yet.

It is 3.5 now so I'd like to upgrade my code but I've looked all over
(obviously not ALL over) and can't find out how I specified the version
before.

How do I convert to 3.5 and is there anything I should watch out for before
I do it?

Thanks

bruce barker

its all in the web.config. the easiest way to convert, is to create a new 3.5
site, and copy the web.config

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Gregory A. Beamer

If you are using VS 2008, you simply open the project properties and specify
3.5. It is just a layer on top of 2.0, so you will not have to change any
code to use 3.5. You can decide what features you wish to employ.

AAaron123

I believe in VS2008 there are two different configurations.

One has Projects menu item and one has a WebSite menu item.

I don't know the difference in what these templates are used for.

But I have the Website menu item, not a Projects menu item.

The Website menu item dropdown does have an ASP.Net configuration but I
couldn't find what I need in there.

Thanks

Gregory A. Beamer

I will have to look at this, but the majority of switching a 2.0 to 3.5 is
in the web.config. Right click the project and see if there is a compile
option for .NET 3.5. I will look at it later and post back if I find
something different.

AAaron123

No project but right-click on the website(solution?) revealed a Build that
has the Compile option.
Good suggestion.
Thanks

AAaron123