Classic ASP on .NET 2.0?

John

Hello. I believe I've read somewhere that classic .asp pages will still
operate correctly with no problems with the .NET 1.1 framework installed on
a Windows 2000 Server server. Does anyone know if the same classic .asp
pages will work on the .NET 2.0 framework with no problems? I was going to
start moving towards the .NET technology but since VS 2005 just recently
came out I was hoping it's possible to install the .NET 2.0 framework
directly on our server skipping over the .NET 1.1 framework and still have
our existing classic .asp pages run fine during the migration and
transitioning to ASP.NET 2005. Thanks in advance.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Does anyone know if the same classic .asp pages will work on the .NET 2.0 framework with no
problems?

No problem at all, although you will need to explicitly allow them
using the IIS Manager's "Web Service Extensions" dialog.

re:
I was hoping it's possible to install the .NET 2.0 framework directly on our server skipping over
the .NET 1.1 framework

still have our existing classic .asp pages run fine during the migration and transitioning to
ASP.NET 2005.

No problem whatsoever.

John

Thanks for your speedy reply Juan. I appreciate it.

Also, I was thinking of upgrading this existing Windows 2000 Server OS to
Windows 2003 Server. I believe that Windows 2003 comes with IIS 6.0, will
the same classic .asp pages run properly with the .net 2.0 framework
installed having it upgraded to Windows 2003 IIS 6.0?

Thanks Juan.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
will the same classic .asp pages run properly with the .net 2.0 framework installed having it
upgraded to Windows 2003 IIS 6.0?

Yes, they will.