CMS suggestions?

Guest

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a CMS that fulfills the following:
1) Is ASP.NET based
2) Free / commercial, but without any sort of license required
3) With source code included

So? What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Mark Fitzpatrick

You should be able to find a number of them over at http://www.codeplex.com/

Also, I recently saw Umbraco (www.umbraco.net) announced on the ASP.Net web
site. It's open source and lookspretty decent. I haven't installed it yet so
I can't say how well it runs, but I have high hopes for it.

\

Guest

I saw dotnetnuke demo video and it looks fine,
but, can I use it to build my company's custom cms and sell that cms
afterwards?

(I've sent them two emails, because I didn't quite undestand their license
aggrement, but nobody answered)

Has anyone worked on a cms project before?

Some other thing: Can I use m$ sharepoint to build a cms? Has anyone tried
that?

Mark Rae [MVP]

Also, I recently saw Umbraco (www.umbraco.net) announced on the ASP.Net
web site. It's open source and lookspretty decent. I haven't installed it
yet so I can't say how well it runs, but I have high hopes for it.

A client of mine has sold his soul for Umbraco, and I'm currently doing
everything I can to dissuade him from it - it's awful...

Mark Rae [MVP]

I saw dotnetnuke demo video and it looks fine,

DotNetNuke works (just about) so long as you never need to venture away from
the defaults...
but, can I use it to build my company's custom cms and sell that cms
afterwards?
Probably...

(I've sent them two emails, because I didn't quite undestand their license
aggrement, but nobody answered)

They certainly have that reputation...
Has anyone worked on a cms project before?
Yes.

Some other thing: Can I use m$ sharepoint to build a cms?
Yes.

Has anyone tried that?

Yes.

Guest

mark, you didn't tell,
which one do you suggest in order to build a somehow custom cms and sell it?