Debugging and compiling large web projects

Niels

Hi,

I have a little problem when I want to debug my web application.
The application is not that big, but I have about 200k content files in 2
directory trees from the root.
It takes ages for me to compile and it is not possible for me to debug the
application from VS at all since I get an error telling something like the
thread is terminated.
I have tried to find out what is wrong using the process monitor tool from
SysInternals, and it seems that all folders are processed while compiling and
debugging and the compiler looks for a web.config in all folders as well as
it looks for a compiled version of all my content files in the "tempoary
asp.net files" folder. And as you can guess this is what takes the time.

What I am looking for is an option to exclude a folder when compiling. Can
anyone help.

Thanks

Niels ;O)

Niels

Thanks,

I had looked for that option, as I had seen it before. Unfortunately my
project is not a webproject but a web application where you dont have that
option, that is the reason why I couldnt find it. I will look into changing
the project type.