Depoying VB.NET WEB Application to IP Site (NEWBIE)

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by NEWBIE in ABQ, Aug 28, 2004.

  1. I have developed a WEB Applicaiton using Visual Studio VB.NET and it runs
    well on my developement computer. I would like to run it from my personal
    WEB Page provider by my Internet Provider. I have used the MS WEB Publishing
    Tool to move the files and directorys to the site, but when I start the
    Applicaiton via Browser, I just get the view with just the text. There are
    no TEXTBOX or Button controls present? All the parts that I know of are in
    place from my side. I have sent queries to my IP and they have returned the
    standard canned answers that they have provide all the infromation that I
    need within their HELP pages.

    I have loaded up a personal site using MS Publisher previously without an
    probelms and have also put a downloadable application to the site.

    What am I missing here?

    Once I get the the site working I believe I will have another problem with
    accessing my SQL Server Tables on my system from the site, but that is
    another issue all togther.

    My IP provider is a CABLE company (COMCAST).
    Any guidence would be appreciated...

    NEWBIE in ABQ, Aug 28, 2004

  2. There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
    question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 28, 2004

  3. NEWBIE in ABQ

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    1. Does the host support DotNet?
    2. You should use the copy project functionality in Visual Studio
    3. This is not a DotNet group.

    Follow up in microsof.public.dotnet.general.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Aug 28, 2004