Does a resource have to have all phrases in it?

Guest

Hi;

In the java world, each time you want text from a resource, it will start at
the most specific file like resource_en_US, then look in resource_en, then
look in resource. So when a new resource is added, as long as it was in
resource the program would work (granted it would be mixed languages in some
cases).

Is the same true for ASP or is it that if resource_en_US exists, then it
looks in that only?

Neil Ni

Hi,

Do you mean ASP or ASP.NET?

If ASP, it does not support this function.
If ASP.NET, you can use .resx file to deal with multi language.

"Resources in .Resx File Format"
l/cpconresourcesinresxfileformat.asp

Thanks & Regards,

Neil Ni
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/international.aspx.

Guest

Hi;

Yes, ASP.NET - with a resx file for each language. Does it look in resx
after resx on a phrase by phrase basis?

Neil Ni

Hi

Yes, It will.

Please refer the article which I supply the day before yesterday.

You can use ResXResourceWriter / ResXResourceReader class to handle resx
file.

Thanks & Regards,

Neil Ni
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/international.aspx.

Neil Ni

Hi,

How is this case going? Let me know if you have any concern.