Downloading JNLP files and displaying within my application!

javadrivesmenuts

Hi Everybody,
Been wired for a while. Tryin' to sort out this issue - readin'
and tryin' out as much as I cud. Lastly here I'm.
I have been trying to develop an application, which downloads JNLP
files on the run, like IE or JAWS Application Manager. It is more like
a JNLP browser, but for a specific application which should download
the code associated with the JNLP file and display it. The
restrictions are
I cant spawn new JAVAWS using Runtime.Exec() or
BasicService.Showdocument. <Because it would start a new JAVAWS.exe>
I cant associate the other JNLP files with the Browser
Application's JNLP files using extension's. Because it should be
dynamic.

The JNLP browser by itself is a JAWS application, so whichever file
is downloaded will be loosely coupled with it using "Reflection". But
is there a way that my JNLP browser downloads the JNLP files and
associates these files the JAVAWS on which it is currently running?
Because when I tried to retrieve a JNLP file using URL class, it just
retrieves the file and nothing really happens.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanx Much, -rJ.

javadrivesmenuts

No takers?
I really wud appreciate if someone could give some pointers.

Thnx Much
-rJ.

Andrew Thompson

javadrivesmenuts said:
No takers?
I really wud appreciate if someone could give some pointers.

Thnx Much
-rJ.

(e-mail address removed) (javadrivesmenuts) wrote in message

eh d00d, i stopd readin' bout here.. u supriz'd?