Forged articles

George Orwell

A certain troll has been posting forged articles under my name. These
forgeries aren't difficult to detect by examining the from address
carefully, or just by reading the articles themselves.

Yours,
Han from China

--
"I'm a human entropy producer." -- Dean Kamen

https://www.mixmaster.it

Chris McDonald

George Orwell said:
A certain troll has been posting forged articles under my name. These
forgeries aren't difficult to detect by examining the from address
carefully, or just by reading the articles themselves.

Oh, the irony!
Someone has been forging articles under the name of George Orwell?

CBFalconer

Chris said:
Oh, the irony!
Someone has been forging articles under the name of George Orwell?

Don't know about the irony. Just know I have him PLONKED.

Kenny McCormack

He got caught slipping in the last 24 hours, that's why. He
accidentally replied to Kenny, a person supposedly on his
killfile. Since that occurred, he's been going on a rampage
with his plonk announcements, trying to find people who'll
believe him.

Indeed. Quite.

But can't he worm out of this by claiming to have only a "mental killfile"?

I mean, really, when you get right down to it, a "mental killfile"
serves all the same purposes as a real one would. And we certainly know
that almost no one (the list is now down to just 1 person, Eric, right?)
in this group uses a real killfile.

Kenny McCormack

Han from China - Master Troll said:
It's win-win for us, really. They don't ignore us, we get "fed",
and they help us "disrupt" this newsgroup by endlessly whining
about the "trolls"; they ignore us, we turn this newsgroup into
something positive.

Why would any "troll" leave a newsgroup while he's continually
the subject of discussion? It's way too ego-inflating!

Indeed. Quite.

It goes again to the other point I've been making recently, which is
that this newsgroup really is sick. I mean, it really is no joke that
the "regs" are damaged individuals, who are simply not capable of fixing
the problem (i.e., the way other newsgroups do).

To say this another way (amplifying on your comment about "turning the
newsgroup into something positive"), if they really held the higher
ground (intellectually and/or morally) - that is, if the newsgroup
really was just fine (and it [all the noise] is really all our fault),
then they would have no trouble dealing with us.

That they can't, speaks volumes.