ENV VAR addresses

George Orwell

Richard Heathfield,

Before I started posting "in-thread", I offered this:

I still can't inject a "References" header though, so I'm assuming
that if I use the same subject line as the original message,
most newsreaders will or can be made to thread properly.

I'm afraid your convenience isn't exactly my number one concern
these days, Richard.

Yours,
Han from China

https://www.mixmaster.it

Keith Thompson

George Orwell said:
Richard Heathfield,

Before I started posting "in-thread", I offered this:

I still can't inject a "References" header though, so I'm assuming
that if I use the same subject line as the original message,
most newsreaders will or can be made to thread properly.

Yes, you certainly can, by using a newsreader (or even Google Groups)
rather than whatever malfunctioning mail-to-news gateway you're using.
You could even remain anonymous: set up a Google account under
whatever pseudonym you like and use it to post.
I'm afraid your convenience isn't exactly my number one concern
these days, Richard.

Your behavior makes it clear that everybody else's *inconvenience* is
your number one concern.

Eric Sosman

Anthony said:
He's afraid of exposing his IP address. IMO that's because he is probably
already a "regular" around here and doesn't want to risk being found out.

He is "regular" in the same sense that the word is used
in advertisements for laxatives.

CBFalconer

Eric said:
He is "regular" in the same sense that the word is used in
advertisements for laxatives.

He is a nymshift along with 'anonymous' and 'Han from China', etc.