Freeze columns in GridView ASP.NET2.0(Urgent)

Guest

Hi
I am working with ASP.NET2.0, How can i freeze some of the columns of
GridView Control.
Thanks in Advance.

Guest

I am not talking about Fixing Column Width, but about freezing Columns, so
that if i scrool with scroll bar, certain number of columns stay fixed on Ui
and only the other ones move.

Winista

That kind of UI will be so confusing to user. Think for a moment what will
happen if one column in fixed and other columns move doen. Now the fixed
column data is completely out of sync with rest of the columns. Nobody will
be able to make any sense out the information in the grid. Also if you have
header in grid, what kind of behavior r u looking for that... fixed too :)
I can't even imagine what kind of UI it will look like.

Mark Rae

That kind of UI will be so confusing to user. Think for a moment what will
happen if one column in fixed and other columns move doen. Now the fixed
column data is completely out of sync with rest of the columns. Nobody
will be able to make any sense out the information in the grid. Also if
you have header in grid, what kind of behavior r u looking for that...
fixed too :) I can't even imagine what kind of UI it will look like.

What utter rubbish! That functionality has been part of every spreadsheet
package for the last 10 years at least...

Winista

I don't think that is windows forms newsgroup.

Mark Rae said:
What utter rubbish! That functionality has been part of every spreadsheet
package for the last 10 years at least...

Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Try it out

I know its hard to freeze columns in grid view when its placed inside a panel to scroll. The only workaround you can try using 2 grid view controls and place them in 2 different panel control. The first gridview should have only freezable columns. for synch scrolling use scrolling events to scroll togeather.

Another idea is to use Infragistics that has inbuild capability of scrolling and freezing.

-R