Hosting WCF on IIS??

RK RK

In general we create WCF Service Library Project with all available
WCF Services, then create new WebSite Project of the WCF Service to
host WCF services on IIS.

I am new to WCF would like to know what happens if we create just the
website project (of WCF Service) create various services underneath?

Mr. Arnold

RK said:
In general we create WCF Service Library Project with all available
WCF Services, then create new WebSite Project of the WCF Service to
host WCF services on IIS.

I am new to WCF would like to know what happens if we create just the
website project (of WCF Service) create various services underneath?

What kind of services are you talking under the WCF service? You can
have as many WCF services as you want in a project as long as they are
using different TCP ports.

RK RK

I am looking for more towards the different kinds of project
templates.

In general when we host WCF on IIS 6/5.1
1. Create new WcfService Library project, then add all WCF
Services.
2. Create new WebSite(of WCFService) project to host the WCF
Service.

My question is, what happens if I create ONLY Single Website project
(it creates .svc file rite) and create WCF Services in the same
project and associate them with .svc.

Thanks in advance
rk2k09

Mr. Arnold

RK said:
I am looking for more towards the different kinds of project
templates.

In general when we host WCF on IIS 6/5.1
1. Create new WcfService Library project, then add all WCF
Services.

I assume you mean you have a BLL or DAL Lib projects that is referenced
by the the WCF project. Yeah you can do that.
2. Create new WebSite(of WCFService) project to host the WCF
Service.

Yeah, you can do that.
My question is, what happens if I create ONLY Single Website project
(it creates .svc file rite) and create WCF Services in the same
project and associate them with .svc.

One WCF service can host multiple SVC(s) with their respective end points.

You should be doing Project references in the solution for all projects
in the solution.