    host WCF services on IIS.

    I am new to WCF would like to know what happens if we create just the
    website project (of WCF Service) create various services underneath?

    RK RK, Feb 1, 2010

  2. RK RK

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    RK RK wrote:
    > In general we create WCF Service Library Project with all available
    > WCF Services, then create new WebSite Project of the WCF Service to
    > host WCF services on IIS.
    >
    > I am new to WCF would like to know what happens if we create just the
    > website project (of WCF Service) create various services underneath?

    What kind of services are you talking under the WCF service? You can
    have as many WCF services as you want in a project as long as they are
    using different TCP ports.

    Mr. Arnold, Feb 2, 2010

  3. RK RK

    RK RK Guest

    I am looking for more towards the different kinds of project
    templates.

    In general when we host WCF on IIS 6/5.1
    1. Create new WcfService Library project, then add all WCF
    Services.
    2. Create new WebSite(of WCFService) project to host the WCF
    Service.

    My question is, what happens if I create ONLY Single Website project
    (it creates .svc file rite) and create WCF Services in the same
    project and associate them with .svc.

    Thanks in advance
    rk2k09

    RK RK, Feb 4, 2010
  4. RK RK

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    RK RK wrote:
    > I am looking for more towards the different kinds of project
    > templates.
    >
    > In general when we host WCF on IIS 6/5.1
    > 1. Create new WcfService Library project, then add all WCF
    > Services.

    I assume you mean you have a BLL or DAL Lib projects that is referenced
    by the the WCF project. Yeah you can do that.

    > 2. Create new WebSite(of WCFService) project to host the WCF
    > Service.

    Yeah, you can do that.

    > My question is, what happens if I create ONLY Single Website project
    > (it creates .svc file rite) and create WCF Services in the same
    > project and associate them with .svc.

    One WCF service can host multiple SVC(s) with their respective end points.

    You should be doing Project references in the solution for all projects
    in the solution.

    Mr. Arnold, Feb 4, 2010