How do you deploy custom server controls?

Brennan Stehling

I have built custom server controls and as long as the library with
those controls is directly referenced by the web application in the
same Solution I can automatically see the controls in the toolbox.

How can I deploy controls so that Visual Studio will display them in
the toolbox without manually adding them?

Is there an installer I can use to deploy custom controls to Visual
Studio?

Brennan Stehling
http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/

Brennan Stehling

That is a manual process. I am talking about automatic discovery. How can
I get Visual Studio to scan the referenced assembly and add the found
controls to the toolbox? It works when you have the source solution for the
server control, but it should work without the source project.

In the AssemblyInfo I can set the TagPrefix attribute and then add
references to it in the Web.config in the controls and assemblies elements,
but doing not automatically add the controls to the toolbox. How can that
be done?

"Gaurav Vaish (www.EduJiniOnline.com)"