    Should I consider XML or text file instead of database? How faster are
    they if I consider under 10 properties to store?
    Thanks for any advice.

    vunet, Jul 21, 2008

  2. If you have multiple applications that wish to share settings then its best
    to store them in a DB.

    Load them into the application object on application start using the
    Global.asa.

    Anthony Jones, Jul 22, 2008

  3. vunet

    vunet Guest

    If I use my app on a few other servers, then is it true I cannot use
    Global.asa without its modification? In other words, can I pack my app
    with Global.asa and distribute to whatever I want? I thought I cannot.
    Thanks.

    vunet, Jul 22, 2008
  4. I do it all the time. What gave you the idea that you couldn't?
    You cannot access another application's global.asa, but you can
    certainly copy the file into another application ...

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 22, 2008
  5. vunet

    vunet Guest

    So if I understand this should be possible:

    my web site is under folder "mysite" and it contains Global.asa as in
    "mysite/Global.asa". I make 2 copies of my site like this:

    root/website1/mysite/
    and
    root/website2/mysite/

    where Global.asa will be under each mysite folder. Is this a correct
    idea? Please confirm. But then how does the server know where to find
    Global.asa? Especially if I have no access to web server admin rights?
    Thanks

    vunet, Jul 22, 2008
  6. Sure, why not? As long as each one is defined as an application using
    IIS Manager, there is not issue here.

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jul 22, 2008