How to Refresh the parent page while the child page is closed

muthu

Hi guys,

Iam using vb.net as the code behind for my web application.In
one of the page iam opening a popupwindow from the parent page.In that
popup iam entering some value and submitting.After that if close that
pop up window,the grid view in my parent page should be refreshed.How
can i achieve that.Plz help me out.........

MS

Hi,

There are alot of possible solution but it depends in whcat fasion you want
to achieve this... and depends what type of info you are showing on
refreshing the parent page.
if there are few values then onpopup close .. save them to database as well
pass to JS function that is on parent page .. in this way you can refresh
parent without postback or without reloading it.

if there are more values that u need to refresh then
here is one way.... I used somewhere in my projects toooooooooooooooooooo
you can use this code in onclick event of button that you use to save values
from popup
like
onClientClick="myRefreshFun()"

<JS>
function myRefreshFun()
{
window.opener.location.href = window.opener.location.href;
self.close();
</JS>

muthu

Hi,

Thanks.But i tried it already.It throws an error showing that
window.opener is not an object supported.