I am looking for a web reporting tool for .Net 2.0

antonyliu2002

I am looking for a free reporting package for .net 2.0 against Oracle
database 10g.

The web application I am working on will let office staff members who
don't know much about database generate reports and do some limited
database updates.

I know that I can write all these from scratch using VB or C#, but I
would prefer some free package to facilitate the development.

I've been searching hard on the web, and got really confused by so many
options out there. Don't you guys use any reporting tools in web
development?

It looks like LGX is being offered for free now, although a few years
ago, it was accused of spamming right in this group. :)

Reference:

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...thread/42b7b9cb9744ad6a?tvc=1&q=web+reporting

Has any of you tried this package? How do you like it?

Please, in this spam-allergy age, I am just a student worker of my
university and I am by no means trying to advertise LGX product in a
roundabout manner.

antonyliu2002

Hey, people, any wisdom to share about reporting package for .Net and
Oracle?

Thanks.

Marc Scheuner

Hey, people, any wisdom to share about reporting package for .Net and

Well, I guess the "free" requirement makes it a bit hard to recommend
anything - most of them are commercial packages that aren't free but
need to be purchased....

Marc

antonyliu2002

Marc said:
Well, I guess the "free" requirement makes it a bit hard to recommend
anything - most of them are commercial packages that aren't free but
need to be purchased....

Marc

Thanks. I've actually started using Microsoft's SQL Reporting
Services. Let's see how it goes.