I Need Feedback For My Site Design

Travis Newbury

Could I please get some thoughts on my website please. Thanks in
advance!

Lets start from the top. The logo/title looks very amateurish. You
could do better if you went to one of those free websites that creates
a logo on the fly for you. What you have is not professional at all
and your site deserves better.

The buttons look both childish and the colors don't meld with the
background colors at all. There are tons of websites out there that
will build you a pallet. You need to use one of them and change your
color scheme or at least use a color scheme. I use http://kuler.adobe.com/
I feel it is one of the best, but it uses Flash.

The "advertise with us" boxes make you look desperate. Maybe lose
them and throw in a banner ad every now and then. Speaking of which,
are you using a banner ad management system? If not you might want to
search one out. A banner ad is more valuable when you can provide the
purchaser stats, click information and a way for "buying more face
time".

There is nothing on your site that requires fixed width. You might
want to play around with flexible width.

Lose the "validates" logo at the bottom. No one cares. Really none
of your visitors care if you validate or not. (Especially since you
DON'T validate the html)

That's all. I did not check the functionality of the site.

djdevz

Lets start from the top. The logo/title looks very amateurish. You
could do better if you went to one of those free websites that creates
a logo on the fly for you. What you have is not professional at all
and your site deserves better.

Personally I thought I did pretty good making my own logo, but I can
see where you're coming from. I've tried www.cooltext.com before but
there's not much there that would suit this site.
The buttons look both childish and the colors don't meld with the
background colors at all. There are tons of websites out there that
will build you a pallet. You need to use one of them and change your
color scheme or at least use a color scheme. I usehttp://kuler.adobe.com/
I feel it is one of the best, but it uses Flash.

Are you talking about the "Home", "My Music" ...etc buttons?
If u are...
....Should I just implement a regular "sliding doors" menu at the top?

The website you gave me is great! I'm going to use a colour scheme
from there and change it today =D
The "advertise with us" boxes make you look desperate. Maybe lose
them and throw in a banner ad every now and then. Speaking of which,
are you using a banner ad management system? If not you might want to
search one out. A banner ad is more valuable when you can provide the
purchaser stats, click information and a way for "buying more face
time".

I've just started to think about advertising and those "Advertise Us"
boxes were only there as a template to see how everything would
fit...but now I need to get rid of them. I'm using an ad management
system for the middle horizontal banner, but I need to find a good
advertiser with relevant adverts before I can rotate them all.
There is nothing on your site that requires fixed width. You might
want to play around with flexible width.

I don't understand what you mean...flexible like em instead of px ?
or like width = "100%" ? Where would I use this...and would it really
make much of a difference?
Lose the "validates" logo at the bottom. No one cares. Really none
of your visitors care if you validate or not. (Especially since you
DON'T validate the html)

Lol Ok.

Travis
Flash Crap:http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com <-- Nice Site!