    advance!

    (Not 100% finished but a lot of sections are working)

    http://www.muzikarena.co.uk

    djdevz, Jul 28, 2008

  2. Chris F.A. Johnson, Jul 28, 2008

  3. Lets start from the top. The logo/title looks very amateurish. You
    could do better if you went to one of those free websites that creates
    a logo on the fly for you. What you have is not professional at all
    and your site deserves better.

    The buttons look both childish and the colors don't meld with the
    background colors at all. There are tons of websites out there that
    will build you a pallet. You need to use one of them and change your
    color scheme or at least use a color scheme. I use http://kuler.adobe.com/
    I feel it is one of the best, but it uses Flash.

    The "advertise with us" boxes make you look desperate. Maybe lose
    them and throw in a banner ad every now and then. Speaking of which,
    are you using a banner ad management system? If not you might want to
    search one out. A banner ad is more valuable when you can provide the
    purchaser stats, click information and a way for "buying more face
    time".

    There is nothing on your site that requires fixed width. You might
    want to play around with flexible width.

    Lose the "validates" logo at the bottom. No one cares. Really none
    of your visitors care if you validate or not. (Especially since you
    DON'T validate the html)

    That's all. I did not check the functionality of the site.

    Travis Newbury, Jul 29, 2008
  4. djdevz

    djdevz Guest

    There are problems:
    Thanks for the response...

    Under what OS/Resolution/Settings is that screenshot?

    I'm not sure why its transitional, what should it be?

    djdevz, Jul 29, 2008
  5. djdevz

    djdevz Guest

    Personally I thought I did pretty good making my own logo, but I can
    see where you're coming from. I've tried www.cooltext.com before but
    there's not much there that would suit this site.
    Are you talking about the "Home", "My Music" ...etc buttons?
    If u are...
    ....Should I just implement a regular "sliding doors" menu at the top?

    The website you gave me is great! I'm going to use a colour scheme
    from there and change it today =D
    I've just started to think about advertising and those "Advertise Us"
    boxes were only there as a template to see how everything would
    fit...but now I need to get rid of them. I'm using an ad management
    system for the middle horizontal banner, but I need to find a good
    advertiser with relevant adverts before I can rotate them all.
    I don't understand what you mean...flexible like em instead of px ?
    or like width = "100%" ? Where would I use this...and would it really
    make much of a difference?
    Lol Ok.

    Thanks!

    djdevz, Jul 29, 2008
  6. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 29, 2008