invoke server method and redirect to a page in another frame???

Discussion in '.NET' started by Serdar Osman Onur, Aug 5, 2008.

  1. Serdar Osman Onur

    Serdar Osman Onur

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi,
    I have a web page with 3 frames top,left and right.
    What i wanna do is when clicked on an anchor/hyperlink/linkbutton on the top frame, call a server method on codebehind class of the top frame, set some session variables then redirect to a page which will open on the left frame.

    thing is, using anchors,i can redirect to a page and open it on the left (using the target attiribute) but can not invoke the server side method. I searched thru the internet trying to find a way to do it but i couldn't.

    i can invoke the method, redirect to the page but can not open the redirected page on the left frame using link button.

    as far as i know, when it comes to hyperlinks, they don't even have an onclick event, so nothing to do with them.

    do you guys know how i can do what i am trying to do

    thanks alot
    serdar

    Serdar Osman Onur, Aug 5, 2008