Is Ruby For Me?

Lloyd Linklater

Jay said:
Actually, both of these are now/soon-to-be incorrect...

Rubinius (http://rubini.us) is a Ruby virtual machine, and one of its
goals
IIRC is to become self-hosting. Its core libraries are mostly in Ruby
already.

JRuby (http://jruby.codehaus.org) now has its first bytecode compiler;
they're already working on a second one.

Hooray for diversity!

Ruby can do wondrous things. Making libraries is necessary for any
language to endure. It was not that to which I referred. Delphi is
written entirely in Delphi. When the Ruby compiler is also written in
Ruby, then it will have caught up to Delphi in that respect. I do not
think that this is necessary at all. Ruby does just fine without doing
that.