Is the membership and roles functionality the same in 3.x as 2.0?

jm

Hi, I was watching a little older video on membership and role
management in ASP.NET 2.0. Is from Microsoft. I believe it is Scott
Guthrie's. Anyway, is the role manager the same with 3.x as with
2.0? Everything done the same way? If I build as website in 2.0 with
the security model will it work in 3.x?

Thank you.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Yes. The 3.5 version really isn't a new ASP.Net release, it's ASP.Net 2.0
with some new features added such as Linq, and the built-in Ajax support
instead of requiring the additional dll.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression