looking for a consultant for the design of an interface for ourmathematical models

Discussion in 'Python' started by Marko Loparic, Dec 26, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I am looking for someone that could help us to design (perhaps also to
    implement) a user interface (GUI + repository of data) for our
    mathematical models.

    I work for a company in the energy sector. Currently in our department
    we have 5 different mathematical models using different GUIs and excel
    hacks to allow users to feed the data and get results. We would like
    to have a single, powerful, user-friendly interface for all those
    models. We need the help of an experienced and inventive software
    designer to help us to choose the technology to use and to make the
    design (possibly also the implementation) of the tool. Of course we
    would like to reuse existing tools whenever possible.

    We propose to pay for one or two days of consultancy when we will
    describe our needs and discuss the possible design choices. Depending
    on the conclusions we get we can work further together. We are located
    near Brussels.

    Usage of python is not a request but it is a natural choice since it
    is the main language we use.

    Any indication on how I can find the good person or company for the job
    would be of great help!

    Thank you very much!

    PS. This message was already posted to scipy list. Someone suggested
    me to contact Enthought which seems to be a very good idea. But we
    will probably look for advices from different professionals to make a
    Marko Loparic, Dec 26, 2008