Make software

f2prateek

I know java programming. How can I use it to make my own software like
games or for certain functions?

f2prateek

If you know Java, then wouldn't you know that?

I know only da programming part....like say i can make a game with
bluej compiler...but is der a way to make it as an aplication(.exe
extension) as a software

Galois271

I know only da programming part....like say i can make a game with
bluej compiler...but is der a way to make it as an aplication(.exe
extension) as a software

Go to the Sun website and read how to deploy a program with the Java
run-time environment. It's a little difficult to make a .exe with
Java. If you are into game programming, it's best to start with
book. There is a lot of math in graphics programming.

Arne Vajhøj

f2prateek said:
I know only da programming part....like say i can make a game with
bluej compiler...but is der a way to make it as an aplication(.exe
extension) as a software

In Java you create executable jar files not exe files.

Arne

Andrew Thompson

...but is der ..

there? Please refrain from using these 'kewl' SMS
style abbreviations. They make you appear juvenile.
..a way to make it as an aplication

Jar files are usually an application (unless
they are an applet, an API, or a combination of
the above)
..(.exe
extension) as a software

No. An exe is "Windows software", not "software".
If you want something that only works on Windows,
you might look to VB or .Net. Java works on a much
wider range of computers.

To deploy a Java application, you might use
Java Webstart.