MyGridView cause "Columes" lose the intellisense in VS2005 IDE!

walter

Hi there, I guess it maybe easy for you-- I create a custome control
inherited from GridView, But when I start to use in the page , in vs2005 , I
lose the intellisense for anthing in <columns> tag. It's not a big deal, but
it's relatively painful when you know you can do it in GridView.

I use the reflector to check the source code in GridView and notice that
there are 4 interfaces for PostBack and CallBack implementated by GridView
which I guess it's nothing to do intellisense.Following is the simple code:

[ToolboxData("<{0}:MyGrid runat=server></{0}:MyGrid >")]
[ToolboxBitmap(typeof(MyGrid ), "Resources.Table.ico")]
public class MyGrid : GridView
{....}

Appreciate any comment.

walter

While waiting for the answer, I did a quick search on internet and found it's
bug in VS2005:
" This is a known limitation in the source editor for VS2005. When scanning
for derived types to add to the schema it uses for intellisense, it only
searches within assemblies referenced by the corresponding tag prefix (ie, if
the assembly had a control extending DropDownList, that would be shown in
intellisense). We know this is an annoying limitation, and hope to address
this in a future version.

-- Todd Grunke
"
There is another issue I wish it could be address quickly is that @page
cannot intellisense on the PageBase property. See my post " How to set the
page property in aspx file?" in asp.net newsgroup.

CMM

"We know this is an annoying limitation, and hope to address this in a
future version."

Gosh. These guys are ridiculous.

P.S. I guess if it had to search the base types assemblies it would be even
slower than it is now. And, the ASP.NET designers (both Design View and
Source) are pretty freakin' slow.

--
-C. Moya
www.cmoya.com

walter said:
Hi there, I guess it maybe easy for you-- I create a custome control
inherited from GridView, But when I start to use in the page , in vs2005
, I
lose the intellisense for anthing in <columns> tag. It's not a big deal,
but
it's relatively painful when you know you can do it in GridView.

I use the reflector to check the source code in GridView and notice that
there are 4 interfaces for PostBack and CallBack implementated by
GridView
which I guess it's nothing to do intellisense.Following is the simple
code:

[ToolboxData("<{0}:MyGrid runat=server></{0}:MyGrid >")]
[ToolboxBitmap(typeof(MyGrid ), "Resources.Table.ico")]
public class MyGrid : GridView
{....}

Appreciate any comment.

Teemu Keiski

You would need to have your own column objects (derived from base columns)
in the same namespace. That way, in fact you have them in the same assembly
and the limitation you mentioned can be worked a round.

FYI: http://aspadvice.com/blogs/joteke/archive/2006/01/27/14886.aspx

--
Teemu Keiski
ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider