    public class MyGrid : GridView
    {....}

    Appreciate any comment.

    walter, Apr 19, 2006

  2. walter

    walter Guest

    While waiting for the answer, I did a quick search on internet and found it's
    bug in VS2005:
    " This is a known limitation in the source editor for VS2005. When scanning
    for derived types to add to the schema it uses for intellisense, it only
    searches within assemblies referenced by the corresponding tag prefix (ie, if
    the assembly had a control extending DropDownList, that would be shown in
    intellisense). We know this is an annoying limitation, and hope to address
    this in a future version.

    -- Todd Grunke
    "
    There is another issue I wish it could be address quickly is that @page
    cannot intellisense on the PageBase property. See my post " How to set the
    page property in aspx file?" in asp.net newsgroup.

    walter, Apr 19, 2006

  3. walter

    CMM Guest

    "We know this is an annoying limitation, and hope to address this in a
    future version."

    Gosh. These guys are ridiculous.

    P.S. I guess if it had to search the base types assemblies it would be even
    slower than it is now. And, the ASP.NET designers (both Design View and
    Source) are pretty freakin' slow.

    --
    -C. Moya
    www.cmoya.com

    CMM, Apr 20, 2006
  4. walter

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    You would need to have your own column objects (derived from base columns)
    in the same namespace. That way, in fact you have them in the same assembly
    and the limitation you mentioned can be worked a round.

    FYI: http://aspadvice.com/blogs/joteke/archive/2006/01/27/14886.aspx

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider