Need help opening solution file

GroupReader

We have a shared solution that is in VSS. The solution contains
several projects in addition to the main website "project".

The solution seems to work fine. All developers can open the solution
by double-clicking the .sln file, then compile and run the website in
IIS.

QUESTION(s):
One developer opens the solution and has a website called "http://
localhost/XYZ"
Another developer opens the solution the same way and has a website
called "C:\...\XYZ"

1) Why?
2) Can we change the one called "C:\...\XYZ" to say "http://localhost/
XYZ" like the first one?

Everything in both solutions seems to actually work identically. IIS
appears to be set up identially. It's just the name of the website as
shown in Visual Studio that is different.

Thanks for your help.

ps - we tried several methods of opening the solution such as "open
from source control", "open website", double-click sln file, etc...