.NET 1.1 and 2.0 on same server

Guest

I'm trying to run my .NET 1.1 web app and my .NET 2.0 on the same server and
I'm getting the following error:
"It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS
process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server

now I added another application pool for my 2.0 web app and now that runs
(sort of) I get my login screen, I login, I can see my master page, but on my
content page section i get 'page not found' error message (and this is coming
from my custom error page. Now the page its looking for does exist in the
folder. So why would i get this error message when the page is there?

How can i get both 2.0 and 1.1 web apps working on the same box at the same
time?

Guest

I got it working, I had to:

delete the existing web app under IIS
add a new app pool
republish the 05 web app to the server
put it in the new pool for 05 apps
then reset IIS,
and then it worked

what a pain in the A$$ that is do have 1.1 and 2.0 on the same server under
IIS6