Object reference not set to an instance of an object On Code Page Register Tag?

jw56578

why am i getting the "Object reference not set to an instance of an
object" error on all page registeration tags in my project.
Codebehind="bid_history.aspx.vb"
Inherits="dnfExchange.marketing_bid_history" %>

garethdjames

looks like you have renamed your file at some point,

change inherits="dnfExchange.marketing_bid_history"

inherits="dnfExchange.bid_history"

Kevin Spencer

Okay, let's put on our diagnostic hats here. "Object Reference not set to an
instance of an object" is the message, so let's parse it: "Object Reference"
is a reference to an object. So, how many objects are referenced in your
page registration tag? I will give you a hint: One. "Not set to an instance
of an object" means that the object doesn't exist, or can't be found where
you said it was. So, obviously, the object doesn't exist, or is not where
you say it is. What are the possibilities? You spelled the class name wrong,
the DLL is not in the bin folder, or you don't have a "Src" reference in
your code and you're not using a compiled DLL.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP