[OT] Linux

Luigi Donatello Asero

I am considering switching from Windows 98 into Linux to post to NGs and
e-mail in some days/1-2 weeks and I wonder whether some of you would like to
sum it up where I could download the OS and which parts I would need
download, given the above mentioned needs.
Please consider that I know very little about Linux.

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I am considering switching from Windows 98 into Linux to post to NGs and
e-mail in some days/1-2 weeks and I wonder whether some of you would like to
sum it up where I could download the OS and which parts I would need
download, given the above mentioned needs.
Please consider that I know very little about Linux

I am now begging you Luigi, I very rarely ever beg anyone not to
do something but I - doyayme - am begging you. Don't do this
Luigi. Please don't go there. Try to have mercy on your fellow
earthlings and visitors and do not open this new chapter yet. For
just email and newsgroups... please do not. Please!

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
I am now begging you Luigi, I very rarely ever beg anyone not to
do something but I - doyayme - am begging you. Don't do this
Luigi. Please don't go there. Try to have mercy on your fellow
earthlings and visitors and do not open this new chapter yet. For
just email and newsgroups... please do not. Please!

Windows 98 has not been supported by Microsoft for a while,
so, there is a good reason.

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Windows 98 has not been supported by Microsoft for a while,
so, there is a good reason.

Why not go over to Mac... I will let the Mac community know you
are coming...

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Why not go over to Mac... I will let the Mac community know you
are coming...

Hello,
Mac is probably the best but it
is very expensive.
So, I want to change from Win 98 into Linux because it does not cost
anything
except my time to do that and this change still let me use this old PC.
Is that clear?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:

Hello,
Mac is probably the best but it
is very expensive.
So, I want to change from Win 98 into Linux because it does not cost
anything
except my time to do that and this change still lets me use this old PC.
Is that clear?
Moreover the new Symantec products suit newer versions than Win 98
which makes it difficult to update them!
Symantec does not seem to be interested in those who have Win 98!

dorayme

"Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Hello,
Mac is probably the best but it
is very expensive.
So, I want to change from Win 98 into Linux because it does not cost
anything
except my time to do that and this change still let me use this old PC.
Is that clear?

Cheaper and easier for you to go to Windows XP surely. Remember,
you are the man in your 1 man business and you know that time is
money.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Cheaper and easier for you to go to Windows XP surely. Remember,
you are the man in your 1 man business and you know that time is
money.

I cannot use Windows XP on this computer and I had rather not use Windows XP
to post to NGs.
Windows XP is good for other things such as uploading files to the websites.
As to being cheaper, however, why?

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Cheaper and easier for you to go to Windows XP surely. Remember,
you are the man in your 1 man business and you know that time is
money.

As to my 1 man business I have also pointed out that it is little,
have I not?

patrick j

Why not go over to Mac... I will let the Mac community know you
are coming...

I'm sure Luigi would really like Linux. I'll let the Linux community
know he is coming.

Luigi Donatello Asero

patrick j said:
I'm sure Luigi would really like Linux. I'll let the Linux community
know he is coming.

Fine.
But I need concrete advice within the next days.
I need Linux to post to NGs and to send and receive e-mails because Linux,
as far as I understand,
is much safer for that.
Could I save the OS into a CD, format the harddisk and afterwards upload the
OS?

dorayme

Cheaper and easier for you to go to Windows XP surely. Remember,
you are the man in your 1 man business and you know that time is
money.

I cannot use Windows XP on this computer and I had rather not use Windows XP
to post to NGs.
Windows XP is good for other things such as uploading files to the websites.
As to being cheaper, however, why?[/QUOTE]

Do you simply ignore whole thoughts and sentences? I said why.

dorayme

patrick j said:
I'm sure Luigi would really like Linux. I'll let the Linux community
know he is coming.

Actually, old boy, come to think of it, maybe you are right... I
will try to sound more positive then.... <g>

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
I cannot use Windows XP on this computer and I had rather not use Windows XP
to post to NGs.
Windows XP is good for other things such as uploading files to the websites.
As to being cheaper, however, why?

Do you simply ignore whole thoughts and sentences? I said why.[/QUOTE]

I think that you ignored my answers.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Actually, old boy, come to think of it, maybe you are right... I
will try to sound more positive then.... <g>

So, you do not want me to use Linux, do you?
Interesting.