Running Rmiregistry as service, problem on logofff.

Arun Goel

Hi all,

I have set up rmiregistry.exe to run as service on Windows 2000 Server
.. I set it up using "srvany.exe".
It is running fine, but when I logoff, it stops.I did a lot of
research but I am not able to find out what is the problem. I have
"Interact with active desktop" unchecked.
If I login after logoff, then rmiregistry is not responding though it
shows the rmiregistry as "started" in "controlPanel->Admin->services".
If I restart it, then again it will work successfully until I logoff.

If I restart my computer , then after login I don't have to manually
restart it.

Reading previously posted messages, I got an impression that at
logoff, some kind of of signals are sent & some services terminate
upon receiving these signals.

I have tried to use -Xrs as suggested by someone(start/min
rmiregeistry -Xrs <port#>) , but even this didn't work.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong..?

Thanks
Arun