"Send to Back", like in VB6.

John Walker

Hi,
On my web form, I would like to have two panels in the same place on the
form (one will always be visible while the other is invisible), and in order
to be able to
conveniently modify these controls in Visual Studio .NET, I was hoping that
there would be a "SEND TO BACK" action like you would see in VB6. Is there
anything in .NET similar to "SEND TO BACK" which would make it easy to work
with two panels where one 'overlays' the other?

Thanks,
John

Roger Helliwell

Hi,
On my web form, I would like to have two panels in the same place on the
form (one will always be visible while the other is invisible), and in order
to be able to
conveniently modify these controls in Visual Studio .NET, I was hoping that
there would be a "SEND TO BACK" action like you would see in VB6. Is there
anything in .NET similar to "SEND TO BACK" which would make it easy to work
with two panels where one 'overlays' the other?

Thanks,
John

If you're using panels and the Flow layout, simply writing
Panel1.Visible = false;
Panel2.Visible = true;

will have the desired effect. With grid layout, it gets a lot more
complicated.

Roger

John Walker

Roger,
Thanks, but I believe you're describing how to do it at runtime. My problem
is that in development in Visual Studio .NET, I need to add or modify a
control on one of the panels, and if the panel I need to modify is 'behind'
another panel, then I first need to move the 'front' panel out of the way,
make my modification to the panel which was behind it, and then move the
'front' panel back again to it's original position. In VB6, I could just
right-click on the 'front' panel and select 'Send to Back', and, voila, the
panel I wanted would appear. Anything like that in VS .NET?

Thanks,
John