Should I just give up and reformat?

Marc

I need some help guys this is bugging me.

Installed Visual Studio 2008, after a few weeks I got a message when I
opened ASP Web Applications saying could not load intelisence information. I
repaired all the .NET frameworks as suggested, in my add/remove programs etc
, repaired Visual Studio.
No luck.
Eventually I fixed it by running Visual Studio with the reset settings flag.

Only now the create Database and Browse database window still didn't work.

So I uninstalled Visual Studio. Followed some guide to clear out the
assembly caches.
Reinstalled it.

Works OK.
Only now the web designer doesn't work, nor does Expression Web (it wont
even start)

Outlook 2007 is now giving me non stop errors (even in safe mode) about the
business contact thingy I never use.
So I repaired Office.
Suddenly Expression Web works ! So does the Visual Studio web forms
designer.
Outlook still doesn't
However get that intelisence error again when I load a web application. So
I use the /reset settings flag, which predicable fixes it.
Does the database explorer work? YES!
Outlook however it still borked.

Anyway,
Should I just accept defeat and wipe my machine, loose two days of
productivity backing up/reinstalling all my software or is there some
solution you might know of to get this stuff working.

..NET sure is great but when it cocks up, it sure does **** up. Not like Java
where you can just delete your JRE directory and start again :'(

This was a trial of Visual Studio 2008, with about 70 odd days left to run.
My company was thinking about moving from Borland's Rad Studio which we
currently use for .NET. Not exactly "sold" it to me have they ? :)

So any help would be much apreciated.
Also how often does this sort of thing happen with VS?

Marc