    (Oracle in OraClient11g_home1)"

    Could you help me to solve this problem?

    Thanks in advance.

    bienwell, Dec 10, 2009

  2. You are most likely missing some components necessary to connect with
    the Microsoft bits. Specifically the client and networking bits.

    Solutions:

    1. Install the missing bits
    2. Download and use ODP.NET (from Oracle) instead of Microsoft's Oracle
    Client. It should install the necessary bits to connect

    I prefer ODP.NET to OracleClient personally, as it is designed by
    Oracle. The negative side is it needs Java installed on the web server
    (Nothing against Java, mind you, but why have multiple platforms on a
    web server just to support datbase connectivity?).

    There may also be a permissions issue for the ASP.NET user, or you may
    be using ODBC and the user does not have permissions with the system
    DSN, etc. Or Oracle is not configured correctly. There are quite a few
    reasons, but I would make sure your Oracle client install is complete
    first, then possibly go to ODP.NET, as it is a more pleasant experience
    when working with Oracle data. Just my two cents.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

    Twitter: @gbworld