switch to verilog module in a vhdl wrapper

Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I have a vhdl wrapper which instantiates a component called FGH. For this FGH I have a verilog and a vhdl module. I would like to compare simulation performance of both. I wish I could switch from one to the other model without changing the wrapper (as in fact it's a full library I would like to switch from vhdl to verilog…).

I got a problem with some parameters :

For INIT parameter, with the default modules :

Verilog :
module FGH (O, I0, I1, I2, I3, I4);

parameter INIT = 8'hAA;
and

Vhdl :
component FGH
generic (
INIT : bit_vector := X"AA"
);
..

I get a type mismatch for INIT, when instanciating the verilog module.

If I update the vhdl component like this :
component FGH
generic(
INIT : integer := 170
);

I no longer get the mismatch error, but the X"BB" that is used in instanciation is not understood (bit string literal found when non-array std.standard.integer was expected.

FGH_1 : FGH
generic map(
INIT => X"BB"
)

To fix this I have to change the instanciation to : INIT => 187

But I am no longer able to swithc back to the vhdl model without error…

Would someone have an idea of this?

Thank you very much