system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam

Antonio O''Neal

We changed a username in AD. The user now logs on to a computer on our
network using the new username without any problems. They can not logon using
the old username. However, when they access a IIS 6.0 web site where a
programmer compares system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name to a
lookup table containing usernames they could not gain access with the new
userid. We created a web page to show what
system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name is returning. It is
returning their old username. If we put the old username in the table the
user may access the web site. The IIS site logs for the web site show the
new username for the user as he accesses the site. I have used adsiedit to
look at the user's information in AD. It shows only the new username through
out the the account parameters.

We also have a sharepoint 3.0 site that shows the user's old username when
he accesses that site.

What can I do so system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name will
contain the new username for this renamed account?

Thank you,
Antonio

Steve McManus

Hi,

I'm having almost the same problem - do you ever get a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

AntonioONea wrote:

system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam
30-Oct-08

[...]

ASP.NET Programmer's Reference [Wrox Press]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...897-012dfdc39b86/aspnet-programmers-refe.aspx

Steve McManus

Hi,

Did you ever get a solution to this problem?

We're having same issue here.

Thanks,
Steve

AntonioONea wrote:

[...]

Solution?
Hi,

I'm having almost the same problem - do you ever get a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

..NET Object Mapper / Code Generator For SQL Server
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...ed8-f5cece4363ef/net-object-mapper--code.aspx

Bob Barrows

AntonioONea wrote:

system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam
30-Oct-08

We changed a username in AD. The user now logs on to a computer on
our
network using the new username without any problems. They can not
logon using the old username. However, when they access a IIS 6.0 web
site where a programmer compares
system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name to a lookup table

You might try posting this to an ASP.Net group such as

to help you