Tutorials

newbuss

Would anyone be willing to suggest a tutorial site? I am a student
taking a JavaScript class and need alot of help, but would rather not
bother the forum with lots of questions I could get answered by a
tutorial.

Thanks!!!

Evertjan.

newbuss wrote on 11 aug 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
Would anyone be willing to suggest a tutorial site? I am a student
taking a JavaScript class and need alot of help, but would rather not
bother the forum with lots of questions I could get answered by a
tutorial.

http://google.com/search?q="javascript tutorial"

will give you some and enough.

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>
, dated Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:32:54 remote, seen in
news:comp.lang.javascript said:
Would anyone be willing to suggest a tutorial site? I am a student
taking a JavaScript class and need alot of help, but would rather not
bother the forum with lots of questions I could get answered by a
tutorial.

Have you read the newsgroup FAQ? See below.

Randy Webb

Hal Rosser said the following on 8/11/2006 9:37 PM:
besides the faq for this group. - (I mention this one to be poitically
correct )

You don't have to be "politically correct", mentioning the FAQ is
implicitly correct - political or not.
www.w3schools.com has a tutorial - ( a real tutorial)

Too bad it's not that good.

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:52:44 remote, seen in
Randy Webb said:
Hal Rosser said the following on 8/11/2006 9:37 PM:

You don't have to be "politically correct", mentioning the FAQ is
implicitly correct - political or not.

There's no need to mention w3schools if the present FAQ is recommended.
Too bad it's not that good.

Then why is it in the FAQ, /sans/ caveat? Does anyone know better ones?

Read the newsgroup FAQ.

Randy Webb

Dr John Stockton said the following on 8/12/2006 4:42 PM:
JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:52:44 remote, seen in

There's no need to mention w3schools if the present FAQ is recommended.

There's no need to mention it at all....
Then why is it in the FAQ, /sans/ caveat? Does anyone know better ones?

Probably because tutorial sites come and go so often that no quality
ones are around.
Read the newsgroup FAQ.

For what purpose? You should change that if it is boilerplate as it does
not always apply.

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 23:30:01 remote, seen in
Randy Webb said:
Dr John Stockton said the following on 8/12/2006 4:42 PM:

Probably because tutorial sites come and go so often that no quality
ones are around.

As a response, that makes no sense.

For what purpose? You should change that if it is boilerplate as it does
not always apply.

But in this case I left it in specifically for your benefit. In
Turnpike, a signature is appended to the draft article itself, but (as
demonstrated) can be edited with the article, re-selected, changed, etc.
Other newsreaders may be inferior.

Read the FAQ of the newsgroup.

newbuss

Dr said:
JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated
Sat, 12 Aug 2006 23:30:01 remote, seen in

As a response, that makes no sense.

But in this case I left it in specifically for your benefit. In
Turnpike, a signature is appended to the draft article itself, but (as
demonstrated) can be edited with the article, re-selected, changed, etc.
Other newsreaders may be inferior.

Read the FAQ of the newsgroup.

Thank you all so much for your help! I will look at all of those before
posting again.