Understanding some Java basics

kimiraikkonen

Neither do I. And I wish I did understand it.

I can, to a certain extent, understand it of people who might
be *answering* a question, and as a result of not following
somebody *elses* link to the entire explanation, would prefer
to put the benefit of their experience, in words of their own
choosing (perhaps quite redundantly to the info. contained in
a link posted earlier, that they did not follow).

'off-line readers' perhaps? Hardly relevant to a GG poster, who
is asking a question, is it?

Note to the OP: Google is your friend. (We are not.)

Yes, but there are sometimes which you need more help than Google
provides. Google usually gives great results but if a question is so
specific or contain more intense/satisfactory requests than Google
supplies to you, then you need to ask even you may get the same
answers from elsewhere like books or real-life persons. But i think
it's easy and convenient to ask groups when you "really" need help.

That's why newsgroup members are here. If Google would provide
everything, nobody was a group member.

Note: I followed the links provided.

Lew

kimiraikkonen said:
That's why newsgroup members are here. If Google would provide
everything, nobody was a group member.

Actually if Google provided the answers to all the "help-desk" style questions
that would free up the newsgroup more for the avowed purpose of *discussion*
of Java matters.