Weird ASP.NET 2.0 Error

Harry Simpson

I am doing a simple response.redirect("AnotherPage.aspx") and in debug mode
it stops running and goes to the catch and the following messagebox pops up:

An exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in
System.Windows.Forms.dll but was not handled in user code.

Additional information: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the
application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not valid operation.
Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a
notification from a service application.

Break Continue
Ignore(grayed out)

If I click continue, the page comes up just fine. Any ideas why I'd get a
Forms error in an ASP.NET app??

TIA

Harry

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

a response.redirect kills the current thread (which thows an error than cn
be caught). you probably have a global error handler that tries to use
MessageBox, which is not allowed from asp.net.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)